This berrymisu recipe is a refreshing and summary version of the traditional coffee flavoured Italian dessert Tiramisu, using your homemade Mascarpone. Tiramisu, meaning “lift me up” or “pick me up” makes reference to the coffee boost experienced from a traditional recipe.
- 250g frozen or fresh mixed berries (or any desired variety of berries).
- 1/8th cup water.
- 1 tbs icing sugar.
- Juice of 1 Lemon.
- 550g Mascarpone.
- 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- 1.5-2 tsp vanilla bean paste.
- 250g sponge finger biscuits.
- Icing sugar for dusting .
- To make the berry filling, combine sugar, water, lemon juice and frozen berries in a saucepan and bring to to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, then strain the berries - reserving the liquid.
- Combine the Mascarpone, icing sugar, and vanilla bean paste and mix well.
- Transfer the berry liquid into a shallow dish, and one at a time, lay the sponge fingers flat into the liquid until just soaked, then flip them over, to soak the other side before removing and assembling.
- Assemble 6-8 (or any number you desire) soaked sponge fingers on the base of a serving platter, top with a third of the Mascarpone mixture and repeat, until you finish with the third and final Mascarpone layer.
- To finish, arrange the berries on top of the Berrymisu, and drizzle with any remaining berry liquid.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Dust with icing sugar before serving.