These puffy, melty Brie pops are the perfect finger food and are sure to impress both adults and children when entertaining.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted.
- 250g Brie (or Camembert) cut into thick cubes (2cm by 1cm).
- 120g fig or desired fruit paste.
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme leaves.
- 1 egg, beaten.
- Salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets into rectangles of desired size (3m by 4cm, 4cm by 5cm or other).
- Place a slice of brie, the fruit paste, and a sprinkle of thyme leaves on half of the puff pastry rectangles leaving approx. 1cm clear around the edges.
- Brush the edges with egg wash and place a popsicle stick 1cm up the pastry, pressing it in gently.
- Place the unfilled rectangles of puff pastry on top of each filled rectangle and crimp the edges using a fork to ensure the contents are sealed in.
- Brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle with salt, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.