This fresh, summary salad has it all. Sweetness and crunch from the fennel bulb, punch and acidity from the lemon and mint + oozy creaminess from the Burrata. Make it a meal by adding some crusty sourdough on the side.
- 1 fennel bulb, core removed and thinly sliced (reserve the top).
- 1-2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Lemon zest strips from 1 lemon.
- Juice from one lemon.
- One homemade Burrata ball (approx. 150g).
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves.
- 1 tbs. feathery, green fennel leaves.
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Toasted crusty sourdough (optional).
- Put the fennel bulb slices, 1 tbs. EVOO, zest strips and lemon juice in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it sit and marinate for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes split the fennel salad between two plates (or combine on a serving platter) and arrange the torn burrata, fresh mint and fennel leaves on top. Finish with a little extra EVOO if desired.
- To make it a meal, serve with crusty sourdough.