This mascarpone cheesecake slice recipe is velvety smooth with a crispy, caramel Anzac Biscuit base. Use a well-strained homemade mascarpone (recipe here) or use the store-bought stuff.
- 200g Anzac Biscuits (homemade or store-bought).
- 50g butter, melted
- 2 cups (500g) homemade mascarpone (recipe here), or store-bought mascarpone.
- 1/4 cup icing sugar, sifted.
- 1 free range egg.
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, sifted.
- Zest of one orange.
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Process Anzac Biscuits into a crumb.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Anzac crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the base mixture into a baking paper-lined slice tin (no bigger than 20cm x 20cm or it will be very thin) and put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- For the cheesecake mixture, combine the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to get the mixture smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the base.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top has slightly browned.
- Cool in the fridge for at least two hours before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.