Spanish cheesecake, or gazta tarta, is a sweet baked cheesecake recipe using your homemade Cream Cheese, Chèvre (optional) and Yoghurt. Just blend and bake! That’s it! Oh, and you do get to set it on fire too if you like.
- Semolina, polenta or some plain flour, to dust.
- 500ml pure cream.
- 350g Cream Cheese
- 120g goats curd or Chèvre (optional - use cream cheese instead).
- 150g thick greek Yoghurt.
- Zest of 2 lemons.
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 2/3 cup (or 80g) icing sugar.
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla bean paste.
- 15ml brandy (optional).
- 2-3 tbs. sugar (any variety).
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Lightly grease a 25cm springform tin with butter, then dust with your chosen flour.
- Place all of the ingredients except the 2-3 tbs. sugar into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared greased tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until just set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, sprinkle over the remaining sugar and, using a kitchen blowtorch, brown the top until it is caramelised and dark brown. Alternatively, brown the cheesecake under the oven grill.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.