This ricotta hotcakes recipe is satiating and nutrient dense using your homemade Whole Milk Ricotta. Packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats – these are a sure way to start (or finish) your day in hotcake heaven.
- 250g Whole Milk Ricotta.
- 125ml full-fat milk.
- 2 eggs, separated.
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste.
- Zest of one lemon.
- 75g almond meal.
- 25g corn flour, or arrowroot flour (tapioca starch).
- 1 tsp. baking powder.
- Pinch of salt.
- Butter, ghee, coconut oil or oil of choice for frying.
- 250g fresh or frozen berries of your choice.
- Full-fat Greek yoghurt or Coconut Yoghurt to serve (optional).
- Put the ricotta, milk, egg yolks, vanilla and lemon zest into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the almond meal, sifted corn flour/arrowroot flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well to give a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Heat the butter/ghee/oil in a large non-stick frying pan and drop in heaped desserts spoons of batter.
- Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with yoghurt and warmed berries, or any other desired toppings.